воскресенье, 3 апреля 2016 г.

Burnt brain matter

It's official: I fucking HATE OpenToonz.

Why?

Let me preface this rant I made to vent out my frustration.

OpenToonz is a newly released piece of animation software which is distributed for free. It's based on Toonz, which was supposedly used in Ghibli animation studios (yeah, right; probably used to make rough animatics, or by over 9,000 North Korean zombies to make one second of animation as far as I give a fuck at this point), amongst other famous studios.

Currently, Newgrounds is holding an OpenToonz Animation Jam, and I tried to participate. And guess what? I don't have jack shit. I had numerous ideas for it, but NOTHING was compatible with whatever functionality was available/discovered in the software. I had many ideas, but each and every single thing consisted of what was impossible to do with the known tools and tricks. If I would try frame-by-frame animation, either it would be unacceptably short, or the animation would be stiff and would run at 1 FPS or so, or the details would have to be compromised and it would look like fucking shit. Even without spending time on backgrounds. Not to mention I only got literally hours before the deadline.

What do I think of this program? Well, it's basically MS Paint cosplaying as BoomToon or some shit.

Results? My time was wasted, and my motivation to do anything went FUBAR.
And as a cherry on the top of this shit sundae, we STILL have Donald fucking Trump all over Newgrounds. I understand if Tom Fulp has a genuine crush on Don Trump and probably jerks off to his half-naked pictures, and decided to (not so) subtlely come out to the rest of Newgrounds, but wasn't it at least possible to pick something less obnoxious?

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий